It's easy to read ebooks on your desktop or laptop computer. For a higher-quality reading experience, download an e-reading application. An e-reading application also called an "e-reading app," is software designed for reading ebooks.
Several of the available ebook formats are easily read on a personal computer or tablet. How to read the most common formats:
- For PC or Laptop, download and install the free Adobe Digital Editions.
- For Apple devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch/Mac), download the free Apple iBooks app from the iTunes app store, or consider other great free apps such as Bluefire or FB Reader (all available in the Apple App store).
- For Android devices, download Aldiko, a free e-reading app.
- Use Kindle for PC (reads .mobi), Kindle for Mac (reads .mobi) or
- the popular FBReader (reads .epub, .txt, .mobi and multiple other formats).
After you install one of the above apps, simply return to your Smashwords Library, click to the book you want to download, then click to download the appropriate file format. Your web browser should ask you if you want to use the app to read immediately, or if you want to download the book to your computer (if you download it to your computer, the Desktop is a good location to drop the file so you can find it).
Please note there are many third-party e-reading software applications, and we cannot provide you support on how to install or use them. Most have online help files.
- The Book Ministry
- The Radio Ministry