It depends on which book format (ebook, audiobook or paperback) you are interested in, as well as your geographical location.
It's easy to read ebooks on your desktop or laptop computer. For a higher-quality reading experience, download an e-reading application. An e-reading application also called an "e-reading app," is software designed for reading ebooks.
Several of the available ebook formats are easily read on a personal computer or tablet. How to read the most common formats:
- For PC or Laptop, download and install the free Adobe Digital Editions.
- For Apple devices (iPad/iPhone/iPod Touch/Mac), download the free Apple iBooks app from the iTunes app store, or consider other great free apps such as Bluefire or FB Reader (all available in the Apple App store).
- For Android devices, download Aldiko, a free e-reading app.
- Use Kindle for PC (reads .mobi), Kindle for Mac (reads .mobi) or
- the popular FBReader (reads .epub, .txt, .mobi and multiple other formats).
After you install one of the above apps, simply return to your Smashwords Library, click to the book you want to download, then click to download the appropriate file format. Your web browser should ask you if you want to use the app to read immediately, or if you want to download the book to your computer (if you download it to your computer, the Desktop is a good location to drop the file so you can find it).
Please note there are many third-party e-reading software applications, and we cannot provide you support on how to install or use them. Most have online help files.
To buy an ebook, follow the steps below:
Some of the major audiobook retailers are
- Rakuten Kobo
- Apple iTunes Store.
- Audible.com requires a monthly subscription, but the first month is free. Use the Audible app for Android or iOS to listen on mobile devices.
- Google PlayStore
- Downpour is a commercial site that sells individual audiobooks or offers a monthly subscription.
- Barnes & Noble's Nook Audiobook Store website sells a large collection of audiobooks.
- OverDrive offers thousands of audiobooks from more than 30,000 local libraries.
Here below is a screenshot of the growing list of retailers via Findaway Voices, which is the world's largest audiobook distributor. They give ZTF audiobooks access to the entire listening world through retail and library partners ranging from major global brands to fresh new startups.
You can use any of the following consumer electronic devices to listen to audiobooks:
- MP3 players
- Portable media players
- Smartphones (Android and iOS)
- Internet tablet devices such as Kindles. Nooks, and iPads
- Home stereo systems
- Cars that support streaming audio from media players
Audiobooks are voice recordings of the text of a book that you listen to rather than read. Audiobooks can be exact word-for-word versions of books or abridged versions. You can listen to audiobooks on a portable music player, cellphone, computer, tablet, home speaker system, or in cars that support streaming audio.
Print On Demand (POD) is a book production/distribution methodology made possible by, and inseparable from, digital printing. Print On Demand refers to a printer’s ability to produce books or other documents for a customer on an “as needed” basis. With POD, books are printed only in response to orders, and only prints the exact amount ordered. Due to the capabilities of digital printing, print-on-demand is capable of filling an order for one book profitably. The key to Print On Demand is that the production runs are relatively short.
IngramSpark and Amazon make Prof. Zacharias T. Fomum's titles available for ordering to the largest network of global booksellers, libraries and online/offline retailers.
- Besides lowering the unit cost of short-run printing, Print On Demand allows the customer to keep fewer copies of its books, catalogs, manuals or other printed items in stock, thus reducing storage space and handling costs.
- And because the customer’s inventory levels can be kept low, Print On Demand helps reduce the chance of being stuck with printing that has become obsolete.
- With Print On Demand, you only order items as you need them.
- Prof. Fomum has authored more than 100 titles and we can no longer cope with the production of all these titles using traditional book production procedures. As such, print on demand comes in handy to meet the ever-growing demand of our books
- With POD, ZTF books will be produced to meet demand, so all the titles will always be in stock.
- There are no upfront costs and no need to carry inventory